Friday, August 30, 2013

lovely jingle sketch!

this week at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ we are thrilled to have allison fillo back with us, and she's brought us another AMAZING original sketch with which to make our cards:


being as it is such a wonderfully flexible design, i followed it really faithfully; however, since my largest panel was a scrap that looked better as a horizontal than a vertical, i went wiiiiiiiiiiide instead of tall. but that's the thing about a great sketch, you can make it ♥YOUR OWN♥!!!

(patterned paper: crate, bo bunny, basic grey, pink paislee, the paper co + vintage sheet music; poinsettia die: boss kut; velvet leaves: making memories; brad: my mind's eye; sentiment sticker: srm; vintage lace from my stash; ink: colorbox; adhesives: staples brand gluetape runner, gluedots, sewing machine)
be sure to head over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ and check out allison's and stephanie's gorgeous holiday cards! then take a little time to visit allison's blog, stampin' when i can! and finally, start planning your own bid for sketch card domination!!! ♥

6 comments:

  1. Oooo, la, la! I loooove me this card! So pretty in purple! I think you should just send *ALL* your cards to ME this year, so I can admire them up close and in person! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with that lace!
    And I'm going to make this sketch say uncle. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple tones, Laura - Thanks for linking up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/08/52-card-pickup-235.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cards.. Well done my friend.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful interpretation of the sketch! I love our color palette. I am always impressed with balanced design and this project is beautifully balanced. The eye is guided by your clean lines. The stitching around the board really elevates the design and that flower just pops! Very Nicely Done!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beauty of a card! Love the colors and how wiiiiiide it is. :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~