Friday, December 5, 2014

gala ♥JB14♥ wrap up

well, i can hardly believe it, but we've just wrapped up our fourth year of ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ and there's really no better way (imo) to celebrate having all your holiday cards finished by the first week of december than to spread them out in a big pile and take a group photo. so i did, see?


stephanie did, too, and we invite you to join us by linking up your own cardpile photos; OR, if you're still working on cards, share them and leave some love for the ones others are making at ♥JINGLE BELLES♥! we'll leave the "linkfest" post open until christmas eve, to provide maximum inspiration, then we'll be back on new year's day with the first prompt of 2015, and we'd love for you to join us!

with such momentous goings-on, i suspect you can guess the subject of my december daily page for day four, right?



dd04: yepper, the big story of the day is having 48+ unique holiday cards ready to sign and mail by the date that, pre-JINGLE BELLES, i would have been either stressily mass-producing or heading out to hallmark. i know it seems utterly crazy to start up again on january first, but the fact is i *LOVE* making christmas cards and once i got my head around the idea of doing it every single week... (which, admittedly, took me a good six months of the first year that stephanie and i started the JB blog!) ...i realized this works for me!* page-wise, what's been working for me this week is one pic + a title + a few embellies, and this time i used up another transparency scrap when my photo looked too stark on the pink page but too overwhelmed on patterned paper. hoping to branch out a little over the weekend... maybe do a couple of pages with hand lettering or more interesting collaged/stamped backgrounds or something, but otherwise i'm pretty happy with how my pages look so far!

*if you think it might work for you, too, click on over to ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ on new year's day... we'd love for you to join us! ♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Wow-- impressive work and amount! I don't even send out that many cards! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that it would pretty much wreck the cards.....but if I was you I would totally feel like rolling around on that pile of finished cards while laughing at the rest of us who are going, "Oh, look. I'm well on track to getting all my cards compl.......OMG it's December 5th! It's December 5th! I'll never get them done in time! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

    Every year I so envy you when I see this post. One of these years I'm hoping to have the time to join you on your Jingle Belles quest. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME! I have to tell you that Jingle Belles really helped me get my own kiester into gear and now I have tons of unique cards to send out! Thanks so much for all the crafty inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulousness! I love page four and its fabulous title!!!
    I am very on and off with playing along, but hope to be more ON this year than OFF! lol
    Cheers,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~