Tuesday, June 16, 2015

SOS 206: out on a limb

this week at shopping our stash we want to see all things arboreal: trees, forests, branches, foliage... you name it... if it's tree-related, it's fair game! i made a scene again this week; what can i say, i think i'm going through a phase, lol:

patterned paper scraps: k and co, fancy pants, prima, sassafras, 7 gypsies + some old dictionary paper; tiny florals: prima; white foam thickers: american crafts, courtesy of miss leslie, ta v much!; teeny tiny stick-on pearls: recollections; white glossy cardstock: paper accents; ink: colorbox; outlining pen: faber-castell pitt in xs; cloud punches: ek success; "french pastry" doily die: cheery lynn designs; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, sewing machine

lots of paper scraps in use here, which always makes me happy. the tree is composed of an paper-old piecing pattern-- which i've used before-- for the trunk, and two different sized cloud punches to be the foliage. i really like how this looks, so i'm sure you'll be seeing it again! another new twist is using my favorite cheery lynn designs doily die as the sunshine... i cannot believe that never occurred to me before now!

want to see more cool tree-centric paper projects? look no further than the lovely ladies at SOS who have all outdone themselves again this week! ♥

12 comments:

  1. Oh..my..goodness! I adore everything about this card!!! Fabulous colour combo and such fun and creative design elements. I love the texty/cloudy tree and your fabulous doily sun. the crossword paper makes me think of hopscotch and the stitching is perfection. Did I say I LOVE everything about this?!?!?
    Hugs,
    Shanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super design! I have that same blue paper but never thought of using it for a sky. Clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is gorgeous!!! Love the rustic feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cloud leaves? Doily sun? GENIUS! And those layers papers are amazing - I don't know how you do it, but KEEP DOING IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow all that stuff on there is awesome, your card is fabulous. love the idea of a doily sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a whiz at collage art! This pretty scene is fabulous!! You have such a knack for mixing different patterns, and using cloud and doily dies as leaves and the sun is just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have created a wonderful scene! I really like how your mind works and it is interesting to see your unique take on each week's challenge. This is so perfectly composed and each element has it's own voice. Nicely crafted, indeed. This could be a quilt piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again you get a great big WOW! Love the way you used punches of clouds for the foliage on the tree! Stunning card and a beautiful scene!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is jaw-thuddingly awesome!!! I love everything about it. Sometimes, when I'm paper piecing I try to channel my inner Lauren and magically I know just which patterns to pair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Turning your cloud punches into a tree ... brilliant ... and I love the numbered paper at the bottom right ... gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You rock texty papers, and scene cards, and combining elements in a unique way. l LOVE your cloud leaves, doodles, stitching, and doily sun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Waaaaaa....Lauren, your layered cards are always so awesome! This scene of gorgeous! Fab take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~