Sunday, January 10, 2016

a bit sketchy

hello and happy sunday, everyone! wouldja believe, after a couple of weeks of properly cold winter temps, we've got *63* degrees here in central new jersey today? not that i'm complaining, mind you! i'm not complaining about the rain we've had for the last few days, either, though i will just mention that my lawn is greener right now than it was during our very very dry summer, which seems kinda crazy to me, but there ya go. meanwhile, i've been having a pretty creative new year, which includes the last two prompts from our fun instagram art group, sisters with heart in art. everyone is invited to play along, we welcome all media, styles and types of art, and there's no need to "catch up" or commit to participating every week, so if you're on IG, come check it out!


the prompt last week was "STEAMPUNK" which i quite like, as a genre of art and literature, but i'm not sure i've ever made anything in this category. so it was really fun to draw a sort of whimsical flying machine and incorporate loads of cogs and gears and chains and... well, let's just say there's a little bit of everything that looked or felt like steampunk to me; but i'm pretty glad OSHA will not be inspecting this for safety, lol.

our current prompt is "BRIGHT" which was much more in my usual vein. i attacked it with gusto, a few of my favorite stencils... and all my brightest and most vivid distress inks, as well:


wishing you a very happy rest-of-the-weekend, and i hope your day will include at least a little bit of fun and creativity! ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Lauren! I love that you drew your steampunkish part! Looks fabulous! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lauren, you are so talented, love that steampunkish flying machine, and the second is awesome so vibrant. Fab job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lauren lovely! A big question for you - I finally got the good ol' Instagram last month but I can only find the #sisterswithartinheart feed and not a place where prompts are posted. I just adore your steampunk balloon - even if it wouldn't get past OSHA's critical eye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren your balloon is beautiful the whole scene is amazing. Love. Your brights are fabulous...I love bold bright color so this one really grabbed me too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loops, I love both of these beauties! Best take on steam punk ever, in my humble opinion. You always put the heart in art in each and every creation.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~