Tuesday, July 18, 2017

we've seen the light(bulb)

at shopping our stash, that is. which is why this week's challenge is called, "you light up my life" and coincidentally also why we'd like to see projects with lightbulbs on them: as a focal point, as part of a patterned paper, in a lantern, as a chandelier, on a christmas tree or... perhaps even in the form of an adorable eyelet outlet light bulb brad?

ancient patterned paper scraps: imaginisce, amy tangerine, pink paislee + some newer bits of echo park and simple stories. sentiment sticker of unknown origin; birthday die and twine: lawn fawn; lightbulb brads: eyelet outlet; scraps of white glossy cardstock: the paper cut; adhesives: elmers brand gluetape, 3m foam tape, stick it adhesive sheets by ken oliver crafts

that is one of my favorite brad styles, actually, and i've always felt a bit sad that i don't use them enough, so this time i decided to make a sort of background paper that would show them off. i've used this beautiful skinny lawn fawn happy birthday die to make patterned paper once before. though only once, because applying gluestick to those tiny delicate words was kind of tedious. so i was interested-- if a bit skeptical-- when my friend elisabeth suggested using "stick it" adhesive sheets. because of course i've tried applying xyron adhesive to cardstock sheets and then diecutting. yeah, they *stick* really well, but it's a bear and a half trying to peel them off the back of the diecut words. the stick it, though, had no such issue; it peeled off easily and cleanly. i can see my super-detailed dies getting A LOT more use in future! ;)


something else that is both practical and awesome is this week's sketch saturday layout, on which i have only just realized i rotated the bottom layer. huh. howboutdat?! :)

be sure to check out the "light bulb moments" experienced by the rest of the sos design team, won't you darlings? ♥

12 comments:

  1. Such a bright card-- in true Lauren fashion! Thanks for the tip about the Stick It... I'm a skeptic, too, and haven't tried it. I can't believe you have light bulb brads!!! And did you stitch those shapes??? A-maz-ing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another collage card, oh when will it rub off on me? Gorgeous card and only you would have lightbulb brads. awesome. (I've been using double stick tape for a while now on my word dies so much easier)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! All the stitching is especially wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab take on the sketch!
    Love love love love those light bulb brads and how you've used them with the die!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful and I can see a lot of work and care went into it. Love how you used the light bulb brands!!! Thanks for joining the fun at Sketch Saturday.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, I swear you can see my comment rota, I always get you!!! Makes me so happy, because your cards are always so gorgeous and this one is no exception. Love the double sentiment and stick it is amazing, but I love my Zyron more. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Saturday again. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is simply amazing! I love how you used the sketch. I am honestly a bit awe struck by how much I like what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lauren, how beautiful is this card!! I'm in awe at the precision of your stitched pieces, especially when they are so small, like this pretty hearts and circles.
    Love, love the "happy birthday" die, adds such fabulous texture and detail and the little light bulb brads are just about the cutest I've seen in a while.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren, What a great interpretation of that sketch! I love the fun design and those bright colors. Well done, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch Lauren, those bright colors are just what I adore.

    ReplyDelete

the *BEST* part of blogging is the comments, dontcha think? thanks for taking time to leave one! ~♥~